Saturday, July 2, 2011

GANGSTER TIMES

Here's an old song from 1980 that sums up what living in Malaysia is like these days.


Why must you record my phone calls?

Are you planning a bootleg L.P?

Said you've been threatened by gangsters

Now it's you that's threatening me.


Can't fight corruption with con tricks

They use the law to commit crime?

I dread, dread to think what the future will bring

When we're living in gangster times.


"Don't call me Scarface!"


Don't interrupt while I'm talking

Or they'll confiscate all your guitars.

A catch - 22 says if I sing the truth

They won't make me an overnight star.


Don't offer us legal protection

They use the law to commit crime.

I dread to think what the future will bring

When we're living in real gangster times.


No comments:

STOP LYNAS

STOP LYNAS